Sweet Turmeric + Ginger One-bowl Bread (gf)
One day I was in my favorite coffee shop back home drinking an almond milk turmeric latte with an added shot of espresso and it dawned on me that I don’t really use turmeric in my baking. Then I started questioning why, but I couldn’t come up with a good answer. So here we are now with this sweet turmeric + ginger bread, because there are no good reasons to not put turmeric in a sweet and delicious treat. In fact, there are so many reasons that we SHOULD start baking with turmeric. Turmeric is a spice well know for its anti-inflammatory properties, its subtly sweet and unique flavor, and its vibrant color.
This bread surpassed all expectations of mine – the flavor is entirely its own and unique from any other bread I’ve made, its moist and has a nice crumb, its packed with nutrients, it only has 11 ingredients and it is one of the easiest recipes to put together.
Share withme how you love to use turmeric!
2 cupsalmond flour
1 cup milletflour
2 ½ tspturmeric
1 tsp ginger
2 tsp bakingpowder
½ tsp bakingsoda
1 tsp salt
½ cupcoconut oil, melted
⅔ cup almond milk
¾ cup agave
- Preheat the oven to 350⁰F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add thealmond flour, millet flour, turmeric, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, andsalt. Use a whisk to mix together.
- Add the eggs, coconut oil, almondmilk, and agave to the mixing bowl and whisk until everything is combined andforms a batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan andbake for 40-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes outclean.
- Once the bread is done baking, let itcool in the loaf pan for about 15 minutes. After about 15 minutes, use theparchment paper to lift the bread out of the pan and set it on a wire rack tofinish cooling.
- Slice and enjoy as breakfast, asnack, or dessert!