Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies (gf + vegan + paleo)
Christmas season means tons and tons of Christmas cookies! I’ve always really liked raspberry thumbprints even though they don’t always get as much attention as other cookies do. You can be sure this recipe will impress all of your guests and be a hit at any cookie exchange! With only 8 ingredients, these cookies are easy to make, gluten-free, vegan, paleo and refined sugar-free. but no one would ever know it. They’re sweet, moist and chewy on the inside but slightly crispy on the outside, and drizzled with a creamy and sweet glaze. The recipe only makes 8 cookies, which is nice when you want to bake a variety. If you’d like more than 8 simply double or triple the batch. Happy baking!*makes 8 cookiesIngredients:⅓ cup vegan butter (I used the Earth Balance sticks)3 medjool dates2 tbsp coconut sugar1 tsp vanilla1 cup almond flour4 tsp raspberry jam3 tbsp coconut butter1 tbsp agaveSteps:
- In a food processor or blender, combine the vegan butter, medjool dates, coconut sugar and vanilla until mostly smooth. Add the almond flour and blend until a dough forms.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into 8 balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Use your thumb to make in imprint in the center of each. In each imprint, scoop a ½ tsp of raspberry jam.
- Refrigerate the cookies for 1-2 hours before baking.
- After chilling the cookies, bake for 15-17 minutes at 325⁰F until golden brown.
- To make the glaze, melt the coconut butter and mix with the agave. Either scoop this into a bag and cut the tip off to pipe the glaze onto the cookies immediately after baking, or you can just drizzle it on.