Butternut Squash Banana Bread (gf + df)
Butternut squash and banana are the best pairing in this bread. This recipe is super simple and makes a bread that is perfectly moist, subtly sweet, and very hearty. You’d never guess this bread has no gluten, no dairy, and no refined sugars! Try this out the next time you want a twist on classic banana bread!Ingredients:1 ½ cups almond flour1 ½ cups oat flour½ cup rolled oats3 tsp baking powder½ tsp baking soda1 tsp salt1 tsp cinnamon2 bananas, mashed1 cup butternut squash puree¼ cup melted coconut oil⅓ cup agave½ cup almond milk (unsweetened)1 egg1 tsp vanilla extract Steps:
- Preheat the oven to 350⁰ Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients (almond flour, oat flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon) in a mixing bowl and set side.
- In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (mashed bananas, butternut squash puree, coconut oil, agave, almond milk, egg, vanilla extract).
- Pour the dry ingredient mixture into the wet and whisk until combined thoroughly.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack and serve.