Creamy Lemon Strawberry Cashew Bars (gf + vegan)
If you’re looking for a creamy, sweet, tart, wholesome treat, these bars are perfect for you! They are totally raw, which means you don’t even have to take the time to bake! The crust is made of nuts and dates and ends up with a chewy texture that pairs with the creamy cashew filling perfectly. Both the crust and the filling have a lemony kick that is so refreshing, with a fruity twist from the strawberries. This treat is so wholesome that you could even have it for breakfast!Ingredients:1 cup raw almonds2 ½ cups raw cashews, separated7 medjool dates2 tbsp coconut oil, melted3 lemons1 can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight5-6 tbsp agave, separated5 large strawberries Steps:
- Soak 1 ½ cups of the cashews overnight. Simply cover them with water and stick the bowl in the fridge.
- When you’re ready to make the bars, use a food processor to make the crust. Blend together the almonds, 1 cup of the cashews you didn’t soak, dates, 2 tbsp agave, coconut oil, and lemon juice from ½ lemon. Blend until the nuts are in very small pieces and it comes together almost like a dough.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment and spread the crust mixture evenly on the bottom. Slice the strawberries and lay them evenly over the crust. Place in fridge while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, use a food processor or high-speed blender to blend the soaked cashews, zest of 1 lemon, juice of 2 lemons, the thick coconut cream from the coconut milk can, and 3-4 tbsp of agave. When the coconut milk is refrigerated overnight, the milk should separate so that you can scoop out the thick cream and discard the light-colored liquid left over. Blend the filling until very smooth.
- Once the filling is made, pour into the loaf pan and use a spatula to spread it evenly.
- Let the bars set in the fridge overnight, or at least for a few hours. Once set, lift out of the pan and cut into slices. Store leftovers in the fridge.