Blueberry Waffles (gf + df)
Waffles are the ultimate breakfast treat. To me, a batch of waffles for breakfast screams that the weekend is here and it’s time to relax. One morning, I was munching on blueberries while making my waffles and I had an epiphany – why not add the blueberries to the waffles?! So, I did it and here we are.These waffles are huge, fluffy, light, fruity and everything you could ever need in a waffle.Happy waffle-ing! xoxo(P.S. waffle-ing may not actually be a word, but I think it should be!)*makes 4 Belgian wafflesIngredients:2 cups GF flour blend4 tsp baking powder½ tsp salt2 tsp xanthan gum (leave out if your flour blend includes xanthan gum)1 tbsp coconut sugar or raw cane sugar1 ¾ cups unsweetened almond milk2 eggs½ cup grapeseed oil or melted coconut oil½ cup fresh blueberriesPure maple syrup, to serveSteps:
- While prepping the batter, preheat the waffle iron.
- In a mixing bowl, vigorously whisk the eggs.
- Add the almond milk and grapeseed oil and whisk until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum and sugar. Whisk until combined.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Make each waffle following your waffle iron’s instructions. When using a Belgian waffle iron, this recipe will yield about 4 waffles.
- Serve immediately with warmed pure maple syrup. Enjoy!