Zucchini Muffins (gf + df)
Are you a fan of veggies in baked goods? Personally, I love it! I don’t know who first thought of baking zucchini into bread or muffins, but I’m glad they did. Zucchini adds so much moisture and flavor to whatever you’re making. These muffins make me think of summer, since that’s when zucchini is in prime season. The muffins are light, delicious, healthy, and go perfectly with a refreshing smoothie for breakfast.Ingredients:1 banana1 zucchini1 egg⅓ cup coconut oil, melted½ cup agave1 cup almond flour¾ cup brown rice flour½ cup rolled oats2 tsp baking powder½ tsp baking soda½ tsp salt½ tsp cinnamon½ cup pecan piecesSteps:
- Preheat the oven to 350⁰F. Line a muffin tin with muffin wrappers or lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Mash the banana and shred the zucchini. Whisk together with the egg, coconut oil and agave.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, brown rice flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and whisk until combined. Fold in the pecan pieces.
- Divide the batter between 12 muffins and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Once done, cool until you can take the muffins out of the tins to cool completely.