Twice-Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes (vegan + gf)
These twice-baked stuffed sweet potatoes are such a yummy, healthy, and unique option when you're craving a dish with a little Mexican flare. The potatoes are chock-full of veggies, beans, and spices to make the most delicious meal. The mixture of beans and potato is actually so filling because it is loaded with fiber and protein. I love serving these with a little bit of shredded cheddar (if not vegan/dairy free!), a tahini drizzle, and guacamole on the side. The tahini drizzle is so simple - just tahini and olive oil - but it elevates the dish to the next level. A lot of people have never tried tahini before, but I highly recommend it! I drizzle it on just about everything!Ingredients:5 sweet potatoes1 can black beans1 red onion1 red bell pepper2 green bell peppersSpices: ½ tsp each of chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powderToppings and sides: tahini drizzle (instructions below), guacamole, shredded cheddar cheeseSteps:
- Preheat oven to 425⁰F. Scrub and bake sweet potatoes until tender, about 1 hour.
- Chop and sauté onion and bell peppers.
- Once sweet potatoes are done, slice lengthwise. Scoop out insides of potatoes and either chop or mash. Mix the potato insides with the sautéed veggies and spices, then fill the potato skins with the mixture.
- Return the stuffed potatoes to the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheddar and tahini drizzle. Serve guacamole on the side.
Tahini DrizzleMix ⅓ cup tahini and ¼ cup olive oil with a fork. Add more olive oil until the consistency is as loose as you want it.