Roasted Butternut Squash & Cauliflower Soup
This soup is so easy, literally anyone could make it. Not to mention, its vegan, gluten free, and dairy free. Everyone will be super impressed if you serve this at a dinner party or to guests around the holidays! Roasting the squash and cauliflower just adds more depth to the flavors. The chili powder in there creates a really subtle spice too.This soup is fairly light, so I think it would make a great appetizer. It will definitely be on my menu for Christmas Eve dinner! To have it as a meal, pair it with a nice, big salad and fresh bread.Ingredients:1 butternut squash1 head cauliflower2 shallots2 large garlic cloves4 sprigs fresh sage½ tsp salt½ tsp chili powder2-3 Tbsp olive oil4 cups vegetable brothGarnish: roasted and salted pepita seedsSteps:
- Preheat the oven to 400⁰
- Peel and chop the butternut squash, chop the cauliflower, slice the shallots, and put into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the garlic cloves, sage, salt, chili powder, and olive oil. Mix so that everything spreads evenly.
- Put the vegetable mixture on baking sheets lined with parchment or foil and roast for about 30 minutes, or until the squash and cauliflower are browned and tender.
- Add roasted vegetables to a high speed blender with vegetable broth, taking out any large crispy pieces of sage (it’s okay if some make it into the blender). Blend until very smooth.
- Pour into a pot and bring up to the desired temperature on the stovetop. To get some more sage flavoring, you can throw in a few more leaves at this point too, but be sure to take them out before serving.
- Serve with pepita seeds sprinkled on top.