Lemon Cupcakes (gf + dairy free)
I am so excited to share another cupcake recipe! I just love cupcakes so much. This recipe is really a home run. No one would EVER be able to tell these are gluten free and dairy free – I promise! They’re lemony, moist, light…basically everything you could want. Like a ray of sunshine for your mouth. Also, we can’t forget about the frosting! This isn’t the traditional light and fluffy frosting you might think of on a cupcake - it is SO MUCH BETTER. It has just three ingredients and takes only 2 minutes to make. Another great thing is that you can adjust it to the sweetness and consistency you prefer. To make it thinner, add more coconut oil. To make it thicker, add more coconut butter. Then you just dip your cakes in it and you’re done!Happy baking! xoxo*makes 18Ingredients:2 cups GF flour blend1 ¼ tsp baking soda½ tsp salt¾ tsp xanthan gum (omit if your flour blend contains this)2 eggs½ cup melted coconut oil1 cup agave (or honey)½ cup almond milk¼ cup lemon juiceZest of 1 lemon1 tsp vanilla extractFrosting ingredients:½ cup coconut butter2 tbsp coconut oil2 tbsp agaveSteps:
- Preheat the oven to 350⁰F. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake wrappers.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour blend, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners until about ¾ full. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Once done, take the cupcakes out of the tray and cool on a wire rack.
- To make the frosting, simply melt all the ingredients together right before you frost the cupcakes.
- To frost, hold the cupcake upside down and dip into the frosting to coat the top. Do this to all the cupcakes, then repeat about three times until the frosting is gone.