Glazed Lemon Cake (gf + df)
Lemon cake has always been a favorite of mine for any occasion. I decided to make this one in a loaf pan with a really creamy and sweet glaze on top – it reminds me of the pound cakes I would make in my pre-GF days. The cake is slightly on the dense side and has a bright flavor with the lemon. With only 10 ingredients for the cake and 3 for the glaze, it’s really simple to make. I also made a point to include as many wholesome ingredients as possible – the almond flour packs in lots of nutrients, the coconut oil has healthy fats and does great things for your skin, the almond milk keeps it dairy free, and sweetening with only agave makes this free of refined sugars.Happy baking! xoxoIngredients:½ cup almond flour1 ½ cups all-purpose GF flour1 ¼ tsp baking soda½ tsp salt½ tsp xanthan gum (if xanthan gum is an ingredient in your flour blend, leave this out)2 eggs½ cup melted coconut oil1 cup agave (or honey)½ cup almond milkZest and juice from 2 medium lemons Glaze ingredients:¼ cup coconut butter1 tbsp coconut oil1 tbsp agave Steps:
- Preheat the oven to 425⁰ Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum (if it’s not in your flour blend).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the flour mixture into the wet mixture and whisk until combined. The batter will be a little runny – that’s normal!
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350⁰F and bake for 40-50 minutes more, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Pour the glaze on top of the cake right when it comes out of the oven and is still in the pan. To make the glaze, simply melt all the ingredients together right before you pour it on the cake.
- Let the cake cool and frosting set before lifting the cake out of the pan.
- Slice and serve!