Flourless Cinnamon Date Bread (gf + paleo)
Dates are honestly a miracle fruit. They are so incredibly sweet with natural sugars and are loaded with potassium, fiber, and other nutrients. Almond flour is also basically a miracle. Who would have imagined that ground up almonds could make a “flour” that turns into the most delicious, moist, flavorful bread ever? Blows my mind. On top of how good almond flour tastes, it has crazy nutritional value with fiber, healthy fats and protein. Since that’s the only flour I put in this recipe, the bread is fairly low carb too (not that carbs are bad – I love ‘em!).The ingredients in this bread are so wholesome that it can def pass as breakfast, but it’s also sweet enough for dessert. If you’re going for a dessert vibe, try serving the bread with whipped coconut cream to make it extra special. I also added the option of lessening the agave to ½ cup for people who like things a little less sweet. Since this bread is so moist, I don’t think taking the bit of liquid out will hurt it at all.Enjoy! xoxoIngredients:3 cups almond flour3 tsp cinnamon1 ½ tsp baking powder½ tsp baking soda½ tsp salt2 eggs1 cup chopped medjool dates (about 9)⅓ cup coconut oil, melted1 tsp vanilla⅔ cup agave (if you want it less sweet, you can reduce agave to ½ cup)⅔ cup almond milkSteps:
- Preheat oven to 375⁰F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, agave, and almond milk.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet and whisk until combined. Fold in the chopped dates.
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes. Lower the temperature to 350⁰F and bake for 15-20 minutes more, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.