Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
Okay, so here’s the deal. I tried making these sugar cookies about 5 different ways, and this is the recipe I think is the best. All of them ended up being good in their own ways, but I love this recipe for its perfect sweetness and nuttiness from the flax. To frost them, I used the Simple Mills vanilla frosting and it was perfect!Ingredients:½ cup coconut oil½ cup agave1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water)1 tsp vanilla1 ⅓ cups all-purpose gluten free flour blend¼ tsp baking powder¼ tsp salt½ tsp xanthan gumSteps:
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the coconut oil, agave, flax egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum.
- Add the flour mixture to the coconut oil mixture and beat until combined.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap in the shape of a ball. Refrigerate for 2 hours (do not skip this!).
- Once the dough is chilled, use a rolling pin to roll it out on a piece of parchment paper coated in flour. Roll it to about ¼ inch thick.
- Use your favorite cookie cutters to cut the shapes you want and place the cookies on baking sheets.
- Bake at 400⁰F for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Once done, let the cookies sit on the sheets for a few minutes before you transfer them to a wire rack or a board to finish cooling.
- Once cool, frost with your favorite frosting. When I want to buy frosting, I really like the Simple Mills brand!