Classic Banana Bread (gf + dairy free)
Sometimes a souped-up banana bread with crumbles and mix-ins is great, but other times I just want to go back to the basics. This classic banana bread is exactly that - no frills and a pure, lightly sweet banana taste.My favorite thing about this banana bread is the texture and shape. It is super moist and it rises a lot when baking. One of my pet peeves is when I make a quick-bread recipe and it turns out so thin that I can barely call it a bread. That happens a lot in gluten-free baking, but it is so easily avoidable.Don’t skip the extra banana baked into the top of the bread! It adds a little touch that makes the bread seem more gourmet and will definitely impress anyone you serve it to.Happy baking!Ingredients1 ½ cups almond flour1 ½ cups oat flour3 tsp baking powder½ tsp baking soda1 tsp salt2 eggs¼ cup melted coconut oil⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk½ cup agave1 tsp vanilla extract4 over-ripe bananas Steps
- Preheat the oven to 425⁰F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt).
- In a separate mixing bowl, mash 3 of the banana. Add the eggs, melted coconut oil, almond milk, agave, and vanilla and whisk thoroughly.
- Pour the dry ingredient mixture into the wet mixture and whisk until combined. Transfer batter into loaf pan.
- Slice the last banana in half lengthwise and place both pieces on top of the batter.
- Bake at 425⁰F for 10 minutes. Then, lower the heat to 350⁰F and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 40-50 minutes.