Banana Crumble Bread
For my first recipe to share, I chose this amazing banana bread! Who doesn’t love banana bread? It’s a perfect option for breakfast or a mid-day snack. This recipe is just sweet enough and the flavor of the banana really comes out, especially when you use over-ripe bananas. I included a sweet and nutty crumble, but that part is optional (I highly recommend including it!).I’m sort of picky about my banana bread because I hate it when it comes out so super sweet. I really love it for breakfast, but I still want to feel like I’m having something healthy! I think this recipe gives the perfect combination, with whole grain flours, nourishing coconut oil and not too much sweetener. I haven’t tried making this recipe vegan, but I bet it could easily be done by just substituting in a flax or chia egg. Enjoy and let me know how you like it in the comments!IngredientsBread:½ cup sorghum flour½ cup brown rice flour½ cup almond flour1 ½ tsp cinnamon1 tsp baking soda½ tsp baking powder½ tsp salt1 tsp xanthan gum1 cup mashed ripe banana2 tbsp almond milk¼ cup melted coconut oil1 egg, separated½ cup maple syrup Crumble (optional):¼ cup chopped pecans⅓ cup rolled oats¼ cup almond flour¼ cup brown rice flour2 tbsp agave2 tbsp cold earth balanceDash cinnamon Steps
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- Combine all dry bread ingredients (flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon) in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine banana, almond milk, melted coconut oil, egg yolk, and maple syrup.
- Vigorously whisk the egg white until foamy and combine with the wet mixture.
- In another bowl, combine crumble ingredients with a fork. Set aside.
- Whisk together dry and wet bread mixtures until just combined. Pour into parchment-lined loaf pan.
- Sprinkle crumble evenly on top of the batter.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.